I’m obsessed with rice bowls, quinoa bowls, sweet potato bowls- anything in a bowl basically. I love a warm bowl with lots of flavour. This chicken and egg rice bowl with pesto sauce is flavourful and crunchy and makes me happy. I’m all about textures when eating and this made me enjoy every forkful. The spinach and sun-dried tomato pesto made this plate something special. I love pesto and wanted to try something new and it turned out amazing, I’ll be making some pesto pasta with that! Topped with walnuts, a boiled egg and the pesto- such a perfect lunch!
This made such a heartful, full of flavour meal. Plates like these are what I love about eating well- it should NOT be boring or flavourless at all. This recipe is so easy to make and will make you fall in love with rice bowls. You can also not have it with chicken if you don’t want to.
Serves: 2 Cooking time: 20 minutes Total time: 30 minutes
Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl with Pesto Sauce
120g brown rice
1 medium chicken breast
2 eggs, boiled
A big handful mixed salad leaves
FOR THE PESTO
4 handfuls spinach
20g sun dried tomatoes
2 garlic cloves
1/2 lemon juice
Salt and pepper
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp water
A few walnuts
A few sun dried tomatoes
- Bring a pan with water to the boil and add a pinch of salt and the rice- cook as instructions on the packaging.
- Meanwhile in a frying pan heat up a tsp of olive oil and cook your chicken on a medium-high heat with salt and pepper.
- Boil the eggs to your liking- I like mine soft-boiled and therefore boiled for 4-5 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked add it to your bowl along with the cooked chicken on top of the salad leaves.
- For the pesto: blend all the pesto ingredients well and serve on top of the chicken.
- Once the eggs are done and cooled down, peel and serve on top.
- Chop walnuts and sun-dried tomatoes and add to the bowl.
Absolutely delicious- I loved every bite. If you’re all about flavours and textures when eating you have to try this and you’ll love it! The pesto totally makes this dish with that sun-dried tomato flavour to it.
Per serving: 630 Kcal, 46g carbs, 20g fat, 61g protein
Happy cooking and eating,