Lentils! I personally think they’re an underrated type of dried bean. They’re really easy and quick to cook with, versatile and delicious. Being available all year round we can enjoy them hot or cold in a ton of different recipes. Lentils are packed with fibre and iron, they fill us with energy and are great for heart-health, also they’re packed with protein!
With it getting warm here in Southern Spain I really enjoy a nice refreshing lunch and dinner, and this recipe with the lentils themselves was high in protein. Lentils are brilliant to cook in volume and also are a good idea to take with you to the beach, work or anywhere for a perfect lunch.
Made with 5 simple ingredients this recipe turned out super refreshing, it was quick to make and was nice as a light dinner. I’m all about simplicity.
**You can just times the ingredients to make as much as you want.**
Serves: 1 Cooking time: 20 minutes Total time: 25 minutes
Lentil, Feta and Cucumber Salad
100g lentils, raw
1/3 of a cucumber
1/2 tomato on the vine
30g feta cheese
Salt & pepper
For the sauce:
50g greek yoghurt
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
- Rinse the uncooked lentils in a strainer under running cold water
- Bring water to a boil and add a pinch of salt. Add the lentils and lower the heat to a simmer for 15-20 minutes
- Drain the lentils and rinse with cool water, let cool.
- Chop the cucumber and tomato up and add to the cool lentils
- Spread the feta cheese on top. Add salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil
- In a bowl stir the greek yoghurt with the salt, turmeric and paprika. Add to the lentils.
ENJOY. I really loved this one and found it really refreshing and easy to eat on a hot night. It’s easy to make in larger amounts for many people and really quick.
Try it out and feel free to share this recipe!
Per serving: 501 Kcal, 58g carbs, 13g fat, 32g protein
Happy cooking and eating,