You’ve probably realised by now I love a good bowl of food. After a long day I consider it to be one of the easiest yet most delicious things to make. It’s a combination of all the best foods, together, in a bowl! They’re super quick to make and really easy. You can create a well-balanced meal by adding what ever you prefer.
This is a gorgeously filling and rich quinoa, chicken and veggie bowl. Also, I added a bit of a typical spanish tapa to it. It’s called “Pipirrana” and it’s an incredibly refreshing tapa. I made this in 20 minutes and enjoyed every bite. Also it’s perfect as a summer recipe as it’s not a very warm meal. You could actually make it in advance and serve cold, I might try that myself! The “Pipirrana” which I enjoy so much even more so in the summer gives this meal a special kick.
To make more quantity simply times the ingredients.
Serves: 2 Cooking time: 15 minutes Total time: 20 minutes
Quinoa, Chicken and Veggie Bowl
2 chicken breasts
A handful of canon
60g fresh Mozzarella
Half a courgette, thinly sliced
For the “Pipirrana”
Half a cucumber
Half an onion
1 small green pepper
2 tbsp tinned tuna
- Add the quinoa to a pan of boiling water with a pinch of salt and cook for 15 minutes on a medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken breasts with salt, chilli powder, and add a tsp water and pat well to get all the seasoning all over it.
- Cook the chicken breasts in a tsp olive oil.
- Once the chicken is cooked remove and cook the thinly sliced courgette in the same pan for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked quinoa to bowls, serve the courgette on top, add the chicken, handful of canon and sliced mozzarella.
- Chop up the ingredients for the “Pipirrana” and add to a separate bowl, add the tuna and season with salt, plenty of vinegar and a tad of olive oil. Mix and add some to each plate.
Such a flavourful, well-balanced meal with a bit of Spain in it! If you enjoy the spanish meals and tapas let me know and I can upload and mention many more!
Per serving: 523 Kcal, 39g carbs, 61g protein, 13g fat
Happy cooking and eating,