These raw date & walnut chocolate brownies are my new favourite snack. I always have to have a snack with me when I’m going somewhere, and these are amazing. Such an energizing little bite of pure goodness. I made them and had no patience to wait and tried one immediately. Then I had another after they had been in the fridge for 2 hours- even better. I’m a big fan of no bake snacks and these took 10 minutes to make with such basic ingredients.
*To make 8 brownies simply halve the ingredients*
Makes: 16 brownies Total time: 10 minutes
Raw Date & Walnut Chocolate Brownies
360g dates, pitted
40g dessicated coconut
60g or 8 tbsp cacao powder
10 tsp water
A pinch of salt
2 tsp vanilla essence
- Blend the dates, desiccated coconut and walnuts together well in a food processor or blender.
- Add the cacao powder, vanilla essence, salt and water to the mixture and blend well again.
- You’ll have to scrape the sides down a few times and blend again until you have a thick sticky mixture.
- Scrape it out the blender or food processor and place on parchment paper.
- Make into a big ball with your hands and squash down making a rectangle shape. (Make them about 1cm thick)
- Leave in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
The salt makes all the difference in this recipe. I love how gooey and sticky they are, super chocolatey and crunchy from the walnut chunks- and of course there’s all the goodness in them.The combination of flavours and the texture is perfect. They’re so quick to make, there’s no fuss and easy to take around with you for an energizing snack.
I’m coming up with more flavour combinations of these brownies which I’ll soon be sharing, they’re just too good!
Per brownie: 107Kcal, 15g carbs, 4g fat, 4g protein.
Happy cooking and eating,